Minimum Software Requirements
Operations Manager 2012 server features require a supported operating system. For a list of the supported operating systems for each server feature, see theRequirements by Feature section in this document.
Note the following database considerations for Operations Manager 2012:
- Operations Manager 2012 does not support a 32-bit Operations Manager Operations database, Reporting Server data warehouse, or Audit Collection database, or SQL Server Reporting Services on a 64-bit operating system.
- The use of SQL Server 2008 R2 is supported for both new installations of Operations Manager 2012 and SQL Server 2008 R2 database upgrades.
- Using a different version of SQL Server for different Operations Manager 2012 features is not supported. The same version should be used for all features.
- SQL collation for all databases must be SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS; no other collation configurations are supported.
- The SQL Server Agent service must be started, and the startup type set to automatic.
- If you plan to use the Network Monitoring features of Operations Manager 2012, you should move the tempdb database to a separate disk that has multiple spindles. For more information, see tempdb Database.